In an effort to improve system practices,Thomasville High School is conducting a Student Survey (Middle and High). We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. In order to complete the survey, please go to: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/8605598.
In an effort to improve system practices, Thomasville High School is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. In order to complete the survey, please go to: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/8765818.
The Thomasville City Board of Education approved May 24 a drug testing policy for students at Thomasville High School. This policy begins with the 2016-2017 school year.
- Students involved in athletics and extracurricular organizations will be tested. There will be a one-time $20 participation fee. Students involved in multiple activities will only pay $20-a-year. The fee includes the parking fee for students who drive to school.
- Twenty percent of these students will be tested four times during the school year. The tests will be random and unannounced. The test will screen for marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and there will be a rotating test for pills such as Xanax and Adderall.
- On a first offense, the student will not be able to participate in sports or an organization’s activities for 14 school calendar days.
- With a second offense, the student athlete will not be able to participate anymore that particular season. For those students in organizations, they will not be able to participate anymore for that particular semester.
- With a third offense, the student will no longer be able to participate in sports or in an extracurricular organization.
- For more information, call THS principal Charles Alford at 1-334-636-4451
TMS/THS Traffic Lanes = 1-2-3
Confused about three traffic lanes at TMS and THS? It's as easy as 1-2-3!
1 = Bus lanes (Closest to schools!) NO Cars Here!
2 = Student drop-off lane.
3 = Exit lane to leave the campus.
Here's a brief explanation: There are 3 lanes for traffic at THS/TMS. Lane 1 is
closest to the schools and is for buses only. Please don't drive in this lane.
Lane 2 is for student drop-off/pick-up. Once drivers drop off or pick up their
child, please merge slowly into LANE 3 to exit the campus.
Lane 3 is only for flowing traffic leaving the campuses. Please don't
drop-off/pick-up in Lane 3.
Remember 1-2-3! Drive CARE-FUL-LY! Watch for our children at all times!