Thomasville City Schools' Mission, Beliefs and Goals survey
Click here to take survey
The TRIO Upward Bound Program at Alabama Southern Community College Thomasville Campus is currently accepting applications from 9th and 10th grade students. Applications can be picked up from the counselor’s office and are due back no later than October 19th.
Career fair was held Sept. 30 at Alabama Southern Community College in Thomasville and featured representatives from various colleges and universities, including ASCC.
The 2016 Homecoming Court has been announced for Thomasville High School: (front, seniors) Sonterrica M., Jessika N. and Lauren L.; (back row) freshmen: Savannah D. and Teah B.; juniors: Ka'Nija E. and Ashley J.; sophomores: Celeste B. and Tae'Lashia M. Homecoming Week is Oct.3-7. The Homecoming Queen will be crowned at halftime of the Escambia County game, Oct. 7, at D.F. Anderson Field.
Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill was featured as guest speaker Sept. 7 to students in the THS gym.
THS student Julie R. introduced Merrill at the BASIC (Brothers and Sisters in Christ) assembly.
Elected officials from Clarke County and Washington County were in the audience for Merrill's program for the THS students. Pictured are THS principal Charles Alford; Dr. Vic Adkison, Thomasville school superintendent; Joseph Abston from the Washington County Commission; Merrill; Tyrone Moye and Rhondel Rhone from the Clarke County Commission.
Congratulations to the recently elected National Technical Honor Society Officers at THS: Avis D., fundraiser chairperson; Ashley J., treasurer; Kayla M., secretary; Candice C., vice president; and Alyssa M., president.
The National Honors Society at THS has collected items for Louisiana flood victims.
Pictured are society members Zack W., Jessika N., Candice C., Lauren L. and Terrance G.
THS softball tryouts will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. on Sept. 6-8. There will also be a parent meeting at 5:30 p.m. on Sept. 12 in the THS Library Media Center.
Jean Hicks with Faulkner University, an ACCESS Spanish instructor, visited THS on Aug. 29. Spanish I and Spanish II on-line courses are offered at THS, and Hicks is the on-line instructor. She tries to visit THS once or twice-a-semester and has been working with the school since 2007. Linda Chapman is the on-site facilitator for ACCESS Distance Learning classes.
In an effort to improve system practices, Thomasville High School is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. In order to complete the survey, please go to: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/8765818.
The Thomasville City Board of Education approved May 24 a drug testing policy for students at Thomasville High School. This policy begins with the 2016-2017 school year.
- Students involved in athletics and extracurricular organizations will be tested. There will be a one-time $20 participation fee. Students involved in multiple activities will only pay $20-a-year. The fee includes the parking fee for students who drive to school.
- Twenty percent of these students will be tested four times during the school year. The tests will be random and unannounced. The test will screen for marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and there will be a rotating test for pills such as Xanax and Adderall.
- On a first offense, the student will not be able to participate in sports or an organization’s activities for 14 school calendar days.
- With a second offense, the student athlete will not be able to participate anymore that particular season. For those students in organizations, they will not be able to participate anymore for that particular semester.
- With a third offense, the student will no longer be able to participate in sports or in an extracurricular organization.
- For more information, call THS principal Charles Alford at 1-334-636-4451
TMS/THS Traffic Lanes = 1-2-3
Confused about three traffic lanes at TMS and THS? It's as easy as 1-2-3!
1 = Bus lanes (Closest to schools!) NO Cars Here!
2 = Student drop-off lane.
3 = Exit lane to leave the campus.
Here's a brief explanation: There are 3 lanes for traffic at THS/TMS. Lane 1 is
closest to the schools and is for buses only. Please don't drive in this lane.
Lane 2 is for student drop-off/pick-up. Once drivers drop off or pick up their
child, please merge slowly into LANE 3 to exit the campus.
Lane 3 is only for flowing traffic leaving the campuses. Please don't
drop-off/pick-up in Lane 3.
Remember 1-2-3! Drive CARE-FUL-LY! Watch for our children at all times!